Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ch. 11

Short update, thought I should throw some friendship issues in there in between all the Marc drama.
Sid's POV


I'm practically pacing by the time I hear them approaching the house. I sit down on the couch and grab the remote to the TV, trying to go for inconspicuous and nonchalant, but most importantly, trying to make it seem as if I wasn't waiting up for her, which I was. I flip on some game tape, thinking she would fall for the idea of me staying up to watch film over anything else.


She finally comes inside and I glance over at her, quickly turning my attention back to the TV. She walks into the kitchen and grabs a bag of chips before plopping down next to me on the couch. I look out of the corner of my eye down at her while keeping my head facing the TV screen to try and read her emotion, but sadly, I can't tell if she had a good time or not.


She looks up at me, her eyes as innocent as ever as she offers the bag of chip my way after taking a handful of them herself. I shake my head no, gently shoving the bag back in her direction before once again looking at the TV.

"Sid?"

"Hmm?" I reply absentmindedly, doing that thing all men are accused of doing.

"Hey," she says while reaching up and slapping me lightly on the cheek. "Don't do that to me."

"Do what?" I ask while looking down at her.

"Act like you're listening to me, but in reality you're paying no attention to me at all. Rude.."
I laugh at her, knowing I should have figured she would call me on my bluff before looking back at the TV again, actually interested in watching this game now. "Don't do that either.."

"Do what?" I sigh, glancing down at her to show I'm listening before adverting my gaze once again.

"The thing you are doing," she says while getting up off the couch dramatically and going into the kitchen and putting up the chips she was eating, opting for a pop tart instead.

"Thank you for being so descriptive.." I reply sarcastically as she sits back down, not as close this time as she pulls her legs up close to her chest, resting her arms on top of them as she continues to stare at me.

"Ever since I walked out that door to meet Marc, you've been so distant. Whatever happens with Marc, it doesn't affect me and you at all," she says while breaking her pop tart in half, then into fourths, then into eights, and finally into sixteenths, successfully making bite size pieces, just like she use to do all the time. "You're still my number one.. dude."

"Number one dude?" I question, feeling a smile pull at the corners of my lips as she shakes her head yes frantically. "So I'm your dude.." I sigh, shaking my head at her explanation.

"Yep," she agrees. "My dude," she continues while shrugging her shoulders. She gets up to leave, but I open my mouth, and she just chuckles before tossing a piece of her pop tart my way which I catch with my mouth, just like old times before she almost skips up the stairs to her bedroom.

Sam's POV

I head off to bed, ironically stressed and relieved at the same time. Stressed because I think I could like Marc, like really like him, and relieved because the air seems to be cleared between Sid and I, at least for now.

I felt so at ease with Marc it was almost scary, almost as if we'd known each other forever, as if we were childhood friends. The only other person I feel that way with is well, Sid, and that's probably because we were childhood friends. There is just something about Marc that appeals to me, and I can't really describe what that is.

Isn't that the way love is suppose to be though? Unexplainable?

I'm not saying it is love, no, it's way to early for that, but I really can't express the feelings stirring withing me at the thought of his name, the thought of his accent, the thought of that smile he gets when I say or do something stupid..

Okay, so maybe it's just wishful thinking. After all, who knows what he is thinking or wondering. Better yet, he's a man.. he's probably not thinking or wondering anything, but sometime a girl has to wonder.

And on top of it all, I think things are good between Sid and I again, which only makes my adrenaline high even worse. Obviously I want to see what happens with Marc, but I hated that by doing that I was going against Sid's wishes.

Sid's important to me, he always will be, but there comes a time when people have to prioritize. I know I mean a lot to him as well, but I also know that I am no where near the top of his list of important things, and that's okay with me.

Anybody that is a part of Sid's life knows that it comes with a cost. Hockey will always be his first passion. So literally, you can't be his number one.

Not really anyways..

6 comments:

  1. I love this story. Please don't wait too long to post again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh good update even thought it was short. i have been waiting to see what he would say aftet that date.

    check out my story's to if you get a chance:]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok here's the deal. I'm not a big Crosby fan and marc is adorable but in this story, it's sid all the way. Why I say this? Because It feels right!! I feel bad for sid and I find they go better together than she does with marc. U could write another story bout marc IF u really want oneXD. Hope u update soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I choose Sid. Let him show us that it's not all about hockey... Great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally read all your stories!!
    haha.
    I pick Sid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this. I hope you are able to finish it! :)

    ReplyDelete