Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ch. 8

Okay, this is totally my favorite story right now, I don't know why. I've got massive crazy ideas for it though. :-) Heard about Sykie and his foot.. I hope the Pens keep him around next year! I <3 him almost as much as Geno.. Almost

Sam's POV

We stand on his porch, waving goodbye to his parents with smiles on our faces, but the instant the door closes behind us, the intensity picks up almost immediately. Knowing I'm going to catch him off guard, I ball my hand into a fist and hit him directly in the stomach.

"What the hell, Sam?! he shrieks, holding my hand in his larger one to stop me from doing it again.

"What the hell was that about?!" I yell back. He walks into the kitchen, getting a trash bag and starting to clean up like you normally have to after having a party.

"That was us, enjoying a quiet night with my parents," he says in a sarcastic tone.

"You know that's not what I was referring to," I scowl back at him.

"Then what were you referring to? You and Marc?" He rebutes, enough anger seeping out of his eyes that it scares me, just momenarily, but if anybody knows how good Sid is at controlling his emotions, it's me. Probably because I'm always the one pushing his limits of sanity...

"Are you serious right now?" I reply, cocking my head to the side. "This is really about him?" I add while walking closer to him even when he backs away until he doesn't have anymore room behind him, and he is stuck to face me.

"I told you to leave him alone," he answers in a voice barely above a whisper while shaking his head, and for the first time tonight I see a softness to his gaze, and not in the brotherly way it normally appears, but he quickly covers that up by averting his eyes from mine.

I can see how he's holding something back, like he has reasons as to why I shouldn't mess with Marc, but I also know that he is stubborn and wouldn't tell me even if I asked. But then again, sometimes I am just as stubborn as he is, so I do it anyways.

"You've never given me any reasons," I say while walking over toward him, taking the trash bag out of his hands and making him look at me. He never has been a good liar, so I know if I can just get him to look me in the eyes I might find the answer I was hoping for. When he just stands there I continue. "Why can't I see Marc?" I ask while taking a couple more steps toward him until our faces are mere inches away for each others, close enough that I can hear his steady breathing and I know he must hear mine increase.

Sid's POV

'Because you deserve the best.'

'Because I don't want him to have you.'

'Because I could treat you better.'

'Because I want you for myself.'


"I'm just trying to look out for you, like I promised you're parents I would." Now is my chance to tell her the truth, and that's what I come up with despite all the thoughts roaming through my mind..? WFT.. I shrug my shoulders, acting as if it's no big deal, but I can see the look on her face and I know she doesn't fully believe me.

"Look out for me from what, exactly?" she presses on, taking another step toward me and turning her head to the side, a questioning look on her face that means she is definitely up to no good. It's then that I realize how close she is to me. Damn she's pretty... She smells good too, and she's way to little and petite to be threatening me the way she is. Wait, what am I, in high school or something? "Protect me from what, Sidney?" she asks when I don't respond, taking another step toward me until I find myself backing away, trying to put space between us. She's using my full name, that just proves how serious she's being. "What's Marc looking for?" she presses on. "A fuck buddy? An easy lay?"

I open my mouth to respond, but nothing comes out so I just shake my head and shrug my shoulders and give her the 'I don't know..' look and hope thats enough.

"Well?" she asks again, shifting her weight to one leg and putting her hands on her hips in an 'I'm waiting..' pose.

"I don't know what he wants," I finally answer. She looks at me, pondering over the answer I just gave her, but I know she's not done with me yet.

"Then why can't I see him?" she asks, once again stepping closer to me, challenging me to tell her the truth.

'Because I can't stand to see the way you act around him.'

'Because it drives me crazy to watch him put his hands on you.'

'Because I wish I had the balls to put my hands on you..'

"I'm just trying to look out for you, Sam. That's it," I answer while looking down at her, into her eyes and I know that she can tell that I'm not telling the truth, so I put my hand on her shoulder in a friendly way before walking out of the room.

Sam's POV

Damn it.

I stand in the kitchen by myself, feeling a lot more alone than I probably should. I was so close to him telling me the truth, whatever that is. I thought if I kept badgering him, he would give in just like he use to, but it appears as if over time he's actually gotten a better hold on his emotions. Damn the luck, I suppose..

I do know he is hiding something from me though. Maybe he just can't throw Marc under a bus like that, maybe he really is a womanizer or something.

Or, maybe he is just trying to control me like everybody else does. Yes, that's it. The whole captain thing must have went to his head, making him think he can control anybody and everybody now days.

I shake my head, not believing how gullible I've turned out to be and reach in my pocket for my phone, quickly pulling it out and going through my contacts list for the one person I know I shouldn't be calling, but yet hoping he's awake anyways.

He picks up, his cute little accent and voice more rugged than normal from the pull of sleep I suppose, putting a smile on my face immediately.

"Marc," I begin in my best sultry voice, "what are you doing tomorrow night?"

7 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to agree with your comment, this one is probably one of my favorites too. I'm not exactly sure why... but it is. Keep the chapters coming...please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah, definitely my FAVORITE right now. I hope to see more soon!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is definatly a great story!!!!i hope its not a mini story and developes into a long story like geno and ty's story:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it...I love Sid's thought process! He needs to grow a pair and tell her how he feels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya this is definitely my favorite story! He needs to tell her how she feels!!!! Please update REALLY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! How bout some more Tangers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone. This is my favourite story to read right now.

    YAY!! MARC!!! Haha sorry...

    Loved Sid's thoughts.. Great angle. :p

    ReplyDelete