Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ch. 10

Geez.. writers block for one story and then all thoughts or ideas hit the fan, I swear. I don't know what is wrong with me... lol I swear I looked at a blank screen for days, not being able to decide how this all went down.. was it good, was it awkward, did they automatically it it off, and so on. Ugh. Hopefully things go back to normal soon, because this is killing me. All comments are greatly appreciated at this point.. who knows what one of you guys could say that set me off on a rabbit trail of ideas.. lol

Marc's POV

She walks out the door with a smile on her face, making her way straight to me and pulling me into a hug, allowing me to get a nice feel of her curves and a whiff of vanilla before she kisses me lightly on the cheek. So much for tonight being about a friend helping out a friend, because as she pulls away from me I have anything but friendly thoughts going through my mind. I guess I should give up trying to remain neutral, because I know that if Sid knows we are going out together tonight, albeit as friends or more, he also won't be friendly anymore. He's always been demanding, but it's never been an issue before. And so, with one simple night out together, a harmless hug and kiss on the cheek, I'm sure World War III could break out anytime soon, sending us all to our respective corners as we wait for the bell to ring.

I had every intention of just taking her out, showing her around Pittsburgh all while keeping my distance. Friends do that, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself. This is just a friendship, it's really all it can be. Except I threw that idea out the moment I saw her, not being about to get her out of my mind now, the way she smiles, the way she doesn't hold in laughter, at the way I know I'm going to have a good time tonight just because I'm with her.

"What are you thinking about?" she asks as we continue to stand patiently, almost waiting for the other to make the first move.

"Nothing," I lie, smiling at her as I start to walk to my car. "We should probably get going," I say while opening the door. I'm about to get in when I realize she hasn't moved. "What is it?"

"It's a pretty evening," she says while looking up at the sky. "Let's walk."

And so we walk. We head off toward no certain destination, just enjoying the night, the silence, and each others company. We take a couple steps before one of us looks over at the other, smiling before adverting our gazes back to the ground in front of us, only to go a couple more steps and doing it again.

It's then that I realize how long I've lived here with unseeing eyes, how many little details I've missed through my car window as I zip past it.

"So you like it here in Pittsburgh?" she asks, finally breaking the easy silence we had fallen into but never once looking in my direction.

"I do," I agree while nodding my head, but then just thinking that's silly because she can't possibly see me do such a thing since she's not looking at me.

"Why?' she prods. This one, she's definitely nosy..

"We win here," I answer with a laugh. "Winning is good."

Sam's POV

Ugh, men. No, better yet.. hockey players. One track minds I swear. Okay, two track minds, hockey and sex, but anything aside from that is a stretch.

"No, not Pittsburgh the hockey team, what do you like about Pittsburgh the town?" I ask, being more specific so he can't give me an easy answer. Nope, he's gonna have to think hard for these ones.

"Good question," he says with a sigh. "I've never thought about it before. For me, Pittsburgh is hockey," he says while shrugging his shoulders.

"You're so boring," I reply in an exasperated tone. "Do you ever concentrate on anything but hockey?"

"Sometimes," he says with a smirk while finally glancing over at me. I feel my cheeks flush, and I can't believe this is happening. I'm blushing..? Crap this man is good.. I never blush..

Marc's POV

"So you've never really gotten attached to anything in Pittsburgh besides hockey?" she asks, and it's almost like she's daring me to say no, just so she can throw it in my face when she finds out I'm finding it very hard not to become attached to her.

"It's just for me, this isn't really home," I say while waving my hands around. "This is work."

"Pathetic," she sighs dramatically while rolling her eyes, once again baiting me. I look over at her, completely caught off guard only to see a smirk on her face. This one.. she's sneaky. "Okay, well since you don't like Pittsburgh, I'm going to figure out what else you like."

"And why are we playing 20 questions?" I ask with a laugh, not really remembering the last time I've done this.

"So I can accomodate enough facts to judge your character," she says while narrowing her eyes at me. "Favorite movie?"

"Umm, I don't really have a specific--"

"Keep your answers short, say the first thing on your mind" she demands, but once again that smirk is there.

"Talladega Nights."

"Favorite season of the year?"

"Hockey season," I answer, bracing myself for her reaction. She whips her head in my direction and just stares at me before she mumbles a barely audible 'Smartass' in my direction. "You said the first thing that I thought of.. I have two track mind, right?"

Sam's POV

Oh, he's good.. little bugger.

"Favorite food?" I ask while slowing the pace of my walk down, noticing that we've walked around in a circle and we are almost back to Sid's house, and quite frankly I don't want this to end yet.

"Anything edible," he answers coyly. I look over at him, and he just gives me the same smile that has been making my knees weak for a while now. "What?" he asks while raising his hands in defense. "Hockey player.." I roll my eyes before moving on to the next question.

"Favorite holiday?"

"Thanksgiving."

"Is it called soda or pop?"

"Soda," he says with a chuckle.

"Shut out or shoot out win?"

"Shut out."

"Shoe size?" I ask randomly, trying to see if he's still paying attention to me or dozing off over there.

"Really?" he asks with a laugh while looking at me.

"Just making sure you're still with me," I add with a laugh of my own. "But this is me," I say while holding my arms up as we come to a stop in front of Sid's house.

"Are you coming to the game tomorrow?" he asks while backing away from me and toward the direction his car is parked.

"I'll be there," I say with a smile, only to see it reciprocated on his face.

"Good. See you there," he says before disappearing in his car. I shake my head before heading into the house, only to see Sid sitting on the couch, his intense gaze on me as I walk through the door.

12 comments:

  1. Seriously this is one of my favorite stories! I was really excited when I saw that you updated it. I like how Marc and Sam only went on an innocent 'friend' date, wonder how Sid's going to react? Hmmm... Can't wait to see what's up your sleeve :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the twenty questions! When's it Marc's turn to ask?

    Sid's reaction could be interesting. He really does need to tell her that he's head over heels in love with her.






    She should still pick Marc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story. You make it really hard to choose a favorite between Sid and Marc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok.
    sid and sam just need to freaking realize they are made for each other. and date.
    kk?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. go with sidney for sureee. i never thought marc was attractive. i mean come on! just look at sid ! hes deffanitly the winner here :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok seriously, the more i read the more i keep going back and forth between sid and marc. man, but i think it should be sid. for the sole reason...he is so in love with her it's not even funny, and they are like best friends. ok im done ranting now. i love it. updatee soon pleassse : D

    ReplyDelete
  7. can i just say a) i love the story...b) i have to agree with everyone its like one minute i screaming team crosby and the next team marc i am so on the fence haha for today though...its marc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read all the 10 chapter in one shot and I have to say that I'm going with Sidney! This is an amazing story so far (just like every story you write!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how they just walked around! it was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute chapter :) Put as he's Canadian, the answer would be 'pop'. No one calls it Soda up here. Sounds weird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah...pop, not soda...haha.

    love the story!!

    ReplyDelete